United Nations Security Council
25 January 2016
Today May 7, leader of the FARC-EP Timoleón Jiménez published eight tweets on his account, denouncing military operations by the army over the whole country and pressure from the national government to sign a ceasefire quickly.
Havana, Cuba - Spokesman Carlos Antonio Lozada announced significant progress has been made on the subject of a bilateral ceasefire and cessation of hostilities. He said that probably next week, there would be an official declaration on the subject.
Report from Havana, March 14, 2015
Havana, Cuba - Member of Secretariat Carlos Antonio Lozada responded some questions by the press today, mainly about the internal circular note by Timoleón Jiménez to all guerrilla combatants of the FARC-EP, which was intercepted by intelligence agencies and filtrated by Caracol Radio.
In the document, the commander in chief of the FARC-EP explains to the guerrilla fighters that, after months of fruitful discussions in the Technical Subcommission between commanders of the FARC-EP and generals of the Armed Forces about a bilateral and definitive cease of fire and hostilities and abandonment of weapons, the government presented a new document that reverses everything discussed and agreed so far in this subcommission.
In the document, Timoleón Jiménez further calls upon the guerrilla fighters to be prepared for anything, because "if the government continues trying to pressure us with deadlines or with Obama's visit, there is nothing left for us but to continue doing what we have done for 50 years".
Today, responding questions to the press about this subject, Carlos Antonio Lozada made clear that the Conversation Table is not “paralized”, as suggested by the media. Only the discussion on a bilateral ceasefire in the Technical Subcommission has been stopped.
He explained that the government is trying to impose a unilateral position, while the FARC-EP has always sustained that the agreements should have a bilateral character. The government, with this document, intends to go back to the exploratory meetings three years ago, when they wanted to impose an unconditional surrender by the insurgency. “This is a peace process, not a demobilization process of the guerrillas”, Lozada stated.
However, he affirmed that, together with the guarantor countries, formulas are being sought that could recover what has been agreed so far, in order to move forward. “If this is not done properly, things will get complicated because credibility will be lost”, the spokesman said.
A credibility that had already been crumbled by previous peace processes. The spokesman mentioned the peace process in Casa Verde, when the government suddenly started bombing the guerrillas in the midst of the talks, and the process in El Caguán, when the government started bombing the guerrillas without waiting the 48 hours that had been established in the protocols. “(…) we have to take measures to avoid being betrayed and attacked again, like happened in the past”, concluded the Comandante.
Havana, November 9, 2015
The Peace Delegation of the FARC-EP greets the 70th Anniversary of the World Federation of Democratic Youth. WFDY is part of the progressive cumulative of peoples of the world fighting for a lasting peace.
Written by TeleSur, Taken from this website
teleSUR / la-OA
The guerrilla group warned that without a truce in place, they would continue their operations.
Colombia's rebels from the National Liberation Army (ELN) have called on President Juan Manuel Santos to accept a bilateral cease-fire within the context of peace talks with them, officials said late Sunday.
Written by Carlos Antonio Lozada, member of the FARC-EP Secretariat
Given the barrage of news regarding the possibility of a bilateral ceasefire before signing the final agreement, we consider it necessary to make some clarifications, since we noted a number of inaccuracies, both in the statements made by President Santos and by the chief negotiator of the government, as well as in press releases, which are all contributing to confuse rather than bringing closer the possibility to achieve that necessary measure.
Report from Havana, September 11, 2015
At the beginning of round 41 of the peace talks between the government of Colombia and the FARC-EP, insurgency spokesman Iv?n M?rquez, in his usual interchange with the media, showed himself optimistic about the possibility of a final agreement.
"It is easy to see that despite such optimism, the Colombian State keeps on equipping and preparing itself for war"
The commander in chief of the FARC-EP, Timoleón Jiménez, through an article published on www.farc-ep.co, has expressed some mayor concerns about the peace process and the decisions and attitudes taken by Juan Manuel Santos? government. Here are some of the most important ideas: